Friday, November 11, 2011

My Top 5 EzineArticles Articles And How They Have Performed

With all the discussion that Google Panda Updates in 2011 have
killed article marketing, especially viral non-unique articles and
article directories, I took a closer look at my own article marketing
strategies and numbers. Not surprisingly, many of my most popular
articles have stopped performing simply because Google is no longer
ranking them in places like Ezinearticles and the other major
directories.

Believe I submitted my first article to Ezinearticles in 2005 and
at that time I was writer/member #1561, now there are over 400,000+
writers on that site.

Now, I have not written a lot of articles - around 400 - spread out
over 5 or 6 years.

At one point I did receive a lot of targeted traffic from EzineArticles,
but not since the Panda Updates... other writers/marketers have
had better luck even after the updates, so sometimes it's important
to remember not to draw general conclusions from your own data.
Again, it may also be a matter of whether or not those articles
are "unique" to EzineArticles.

Lately, my articles have not been delivering traffic and I do believe
the PageRank passed along from that site is now very minimal. Not to
say that this won't change in the future, mainly because Chris Knight
who runs Ezinearticles, have put into place many quality changes since
the Panda Updates. He explains thess changes in an interview here:
EzineArticles Reacts To The Panda Update


Over the years, my Top Performing Articles have been:

1. How To Choose The Best Student Laptop?

Which has 129,652 views and 35,783 - this article also has one of my most
highest click thru rates at around 27%.


2. How To Find The Best Laptop Deals?

This article had 72,007 views and 8,263 click-thrus with a 11.5% click rate.


3. How To Choose The Best Gaming Laptop

Which has 54,234 view and 7,541 click-thrus with a 13.9% conversion.


4. Are Any Free Online Faxing Services Really Free?

This article has 53,060 views and 4,817 click-thrus with a 9.1% click rate.


5. New Laptop Technology You Need To Know (Before Buying Your Next Laptop)

Lastly, this one has 29,113 views and 1,343 with a 4.6% click rate.
Please note, this was not a successful article because as soon as
it was written - it was out of date! Laptop technology is changing
so fast, an article like this one becomes dated very fast. This is
a fact I learned early and I quickly changed how I wrote my articles to
give them a longer life-span with information that can be used -
even if it's read 5 or 10 years from when it was written.

In real actual return, my most successful article on the Ezinearticles
site was none of the above... and it was an article that only received
13,000 views BUT it had a click thru rate of almost 50%. That is of all
the people who read the article, 47% clicked through to my site. That
rarely happens with any kind of links or articles.

The name of that article was:


Using Internet Fax Comparison Charts To Find The Best Fax Service



As for overalls stats/numbers with my Ezinearticles account:

Total Articles: 409

Total views: 653,934

Total URL Clicks: 87,759

Average Click Rate: 13.4%

Articles Published: 6,330


Summary - I use article marketing to "pre-sell" my promoted
products and companies since I mostly do affiliate marketing
through the major affiliate networks like Commission Junction,
LinkShare, Shareasale, Clinkbank, Google... and many more.
Ezinearticles at one time was a major, major, major factor in
my overall traffic and promotions. Sadly, this has changed
dramatically over the last year mainly due to the Google Panda
Updates which has seen articles from directories featured less
often in their SERPs. At least this has been my experience with
my articles. Going forward, I am finding myself submitting more
and more "unique" articles to major sites and even to Ezinearticles.
Finally, while I wish it wasn't so, I believe article marketing
has passed its golden days. It is still effective, but less so.


...

My name is Titus Hoskins and I am a full-time online marketer who
has numerous websites. You can find this post located here:
My Top 5 EzineArticles Articles And How They Have Performed.

Labels: , , , , , , ,